Overview of Non/Pre-Surgical Treatments for TMD and Sleep
September 23, 2022 1:30 PM 3:00 PM
In this dynamic lecture Dr. Klauer will show specific case examples utilizing non-surgical treatment options for TMD and sleep breathing disorders. He will walk through the decision-making process, how to communicate with the medical team and how to prepare the patient for what to expect. Attendees will walk away with knowledge on how to triage and anticipate when or if surgical options should be considered.
- Understanding how to set goals and expectations prior to treatment
- Review of accepted treatment options and modalities for TMD and Sleep
- Review of myofunctional therapy and Buteyko breathing
- Learn most effective ways for communication with the health care team
- When to co-treat alongside upper airway surgical interventions